What can I say? A few thoughts come to mind. I’ll start with this one:
DAYAMN. THAT WAS A LOT MORE WORK THAN I WAS EXPECTING.
So I found myself thrown into true Weekend Warrior mode these past couple days. With the math done, I penciled off the lines and sawed the wood on Saturday. To save some time, I stained the cut pieces first, letting them dry overnight, and figured to wake up the next morning to put the screws to the whole thing.
It was a lot more tedious than I realized, with the brain constantly calculating fractions of inches and body parts cramped up into uncomfortable positions for hours on end. Lots of drilling of pilot holes, lots of aligning, lots of adjustments. On a knee for about 90% of the time, I actually had to grab Kona’s bed just to keep the blood circulating in my legs. Had a few episodes of hand cramps. My eyes got tired. I had to borrow a couple drills just to keep the work flowing while the batteries recharged. I probably could use a massage.
But hey, no pain, no gain. No real setbacks, with the exception of a couple lengths of wood being slightly curved, which made things sort of a pain in the ass at times. Other than that, the math all worked out perfectly. Here’s where we are:
Next part of the project will be the floor repair, some furniture decisions, and a few other items. But first I need to figure out how to get all this Minwax Ebony #2718 stain out of my fingernails.