Over 20 years of professional experience as a Multimedia Designer, Storyteller, Copywriter, and Graphic Designer. With complete command over all aspects of the creative process, I specialize in taking great ideas and putting them into words, visuals, and other forms of expression. I love pitching ideas; I will take complicated material and distill it into clear and presentable chunks that resonate with target audiences.
My creative work has been published in a New York Times Bestseller three times. I most recently served as Creative Manager for Deloitte Global Tax & Legal for eight years. I spearheaded the development of all creative materials seen in both the Deloitte Tax and Legal identities, and championed the popular graphic style now known as the nanodot.
Expert in the Adobe Creative Suite, including After Effects and Audition, along with Figma for UI/UX. I come from a rich marketing and copywriting background, defaulting to economic uses of words and simple but effective visuals. I’m a creative and technical writer, typing 90+ WPM, and hold an exceptional reverence for rock-solid outlines, bulletproof beat sheets, crystal-clear synopses, and air-tight blurbs. I’ve authored two novels and multiple screenplays.
Deloitte, Los Angeles, CA (1997-present)
- Developed visual identities and innovative marketing campaigns, achieving worldwide acclaim.
- Designed and produced complete image suites used by global firms across the organization.
- Designed and produced in-house videos and audio-rich animations, from scripting to execution, resonating with international audiences.
- Supported teams with ideation, scripting, storyboarding, branding, graphic design, video development, copywriting, interpersonal communication, and language.
Jace Daniel’s Creative Distillery, Los Angeles, CA (1997-present)
Writer, Media Designer, and Web Producer
- Author of acclaimed novel Under Angels, a supernatural thriller set in Los Angeles. Please see http://underangels.com.
- Writer of both fiction and nonfiction. Published author in a New York Times Best Seller thrice. Flexible narrative aesthetic ranges from children’s fables to darker adult tales about the human condition. Select short stories can be experienced at http://jaced.com/writings/
- Independent consultant providing graphic design, copywriting, and web services. Portfolio available upon request.
- Accomplished interactive multimedia developer and rhythmically driven motion graphic artist.
- Educated sound designer, drummer, and electronic musician with 20 years experience in MIDI and digital audio.
Toyota, Torrance, CA (2007-08, 2010-12)
Interactive Media Designer and Copywriter
- Creator of graphics and copy for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion mobile websites and mobile apps. (Comp samples available upon request.)
- Writer and storyboarder of themed media presentations for Toyota’s annual corporate executive shows.
- Designer of motion graphics and ad banners with Flash.
- Builder of the internal CMS for Toyota associates and administrator of online forums.
- Provider of additional copywriting services for various departments.
Contessa, San Pedro, CA (2008-10)
Web Content Developer and Copywriter
- Produced copy and headlines for all packaging, collateral, advertising, and web. Wrote press releases and news briefs, working exclusively with the CEO to produce company’s 2010 industry book.
- Managed all social media assets, including Twitter and Facebook.
- Built new company website using WordPress and MySQL, coordinating Marketing with Legal.
- Managed registered user database of 55,000+, integrating with BlueHornet for monthly eblasts and promotions.
KGI Media Solutions, Los Angeles, CA (2006-07)
Senior Graphic Designer and Web Developer
PCF Virtual, Honolulu, HI (2005-06)
Art Director and Copywriter
Pro Sound and Stage Lighting, Cypress, CA (2003-04)
Designer and Copywriter
IdentityWare, Long Beach, CA (1997-2002)
Senior Graphic Designer and Principal Webmaster
Warner Bros. Records, Burbank, CA (1994-97)
Dauz Drum Co., Los Angeles, CA (1990-94)
Creative Director and Technical Engineer
New Horizons Computer Learning Centers, Los Angeles, CA (1997-99)
Typography, Information Design, Color Theory, Adobe Suite, Internet Tools.
California State University, Dominguez Hills, Carson, CA (1987-91)
Poetiscape with Rich Ferguson [AUDIO] (March 2013)
Jace Daniel discusses Under Angels, art, structure, and life.
San Pedro Today Magazine (January 2012)
What Lies Beneath? Jace Daniel discusses Under Angels.
Crimson Soapbox (October 2011)
Aced with Angels: An Interview with Jace Daniel.
SMITH Magazine (October 2011)
October 2011 Member of the Month: Jace Daniel, eBook Evangelist.