Facebook has a feature called “Pokes”, which I don’t think anybody has really wrapped their brain around just yet. What is a Poke? From the Facebook FAQ:
A poke is a way to interact with your friends on Facebook. When we created the poke, we thought it would be cool to have a feature without any specific purpose. People interpret the poke in many different ways, and we encourage you to come up with your own meanings.
There are currently three questions posted in this section of the Facebook FAQs:
— What happens when I poke someone?
— Why won’t it let me poke anymore?
— I hid a poke. Is there any way to get it back?
I loosely submit to you the Top Ten Questions Not Included in the Facebook Poke FAQ Section:
10. I haven’t been poked yet. Is there something wrong?
9. Are pokes safe?
8. Are pokes private, or will everybody know about it?
7. Somebody says they poked me, but they’re lying. What do I do?
6. Does it hurt?
5. I keep poking somebody but they’re not poking me back. Now what?
4. Do pokes cost anything?
3. Can I poke more than one person at a time?
2. I poked somebody on accident. Can I take it back?
1. Can I poke myself?