See the changing front lines of World War II in both the European and Pacific Theaters, from Hitler’s invasion of Poland to the Japanese surrender on the USS Missouri.
- Maroon: Axis Power members, their dependencies/colonies, and annexed lands.
- Burgundy: Areas militarily occupied by the Axis Powers.
- Red: Axis puppet states.
- Pink: Axis gains during that day.
- Brown: Surrendered axis Governments (not armies)
- Blue: Allied powers and areas occupied by the allies.
- Light blue: Allied gains for that day.
- Purple colors (left to right): Finland, occupied by Finland, and Finnish gains that day.
- Dark Green: The USSR before it joined the allies and annexed lands.
- Green: Areas militarily occupied by the USSR before it joined the allies.
- Light Green: Soviet gains for that day.
- Dark Orange: The Japanese Empire before joining the Axis Powers.
- Orange: Japanese occupied lands before joining the Axis.
- Light Orange: Japanese puppet states before joining the Axis.
- Extra light Orange: Japanese gains for that day before joining the Axis.
- Dark Lime Green: China before joining the allies.
- Lime Green: Chinese gains for that day.