How well do you know the United States? Take the quiz.
I scored 80%. A solid B student in U.S. History, I guess. I feel really embarrassed about the Susan B. Anthony one. English and Math were always my better subjects.
My answers below:
Thanks for taking our quiz. You answered 80% of the questions correctly.
1. What is the supreme law of the land?
2. The idea of self-government is in the first three words of the Constitution. What are these words?
We the people
3. What do we call the first 10 amendments to the Constitution?
The Bill of Rights
4. How many amendments does the Constitution have?
5. What is the economic system in the United States?
Capitalist or market economy
6. How many U.S. senators are there?
7. We elect a U.S. senator for how many years?
8. The House of Representatives has how many voting members?
9. We elect a U.S. representative for how many years?
10. Why do some states have more representatives than other states?
Because some states have more people
11. We elect a president for how many years?
12. In what month do we vote for president?
13. If the president can no longer serve, who becomes president?
The vice president
14. Who is the commander in chief of the military?
15. How old do citizens have to be to vote for president?
16. When is the last day you can send in federal income tax forms?
17. Who wrote the Declaration of Independence?
18. What year was the Constitution written?
19. What territory did the United States buy from France in 1803?
The Louisiana Territory
20. What did Susan B. Anthony do?
Fought for women’s rights
21. Who was president during World War I?
22. Before he was president, Eisenhower was a general. What war was he in?
World War II
23. Why does the flag have 13 stripes?
Because there were 13 original colonies
24. What is the name of the national anthem?
The Star-Spangled Banner
25. How many justices are on the Supreme Court?
Source: U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
i got a 76…back to the books. hey, not for nothing, but i had a dream about YOU and your mom! miss you. xo win
84 % for me. Too bad I didn’t get grades that good in History in school. I think maybe cause on this one, I just reacted to the questions, on instinct, rather than over-thinking it. Good to know I deserve my citizenship. Now, what to do with it…….
100%…must be all those West Wing episodes. Do I get to be President now?