So I guess Letterman’s retiring.
I honestly haven’t been paying attention in the twenty-some-odd years since Dave took the 11:35 slot on CBS after Leno landed Johnny Carson’s Tonight Show gig on NBC in the early nineties.
But my memories are still fond. Letterman and Paul Shaffer were the guys who kept life worth living between SNL episodes. I even had the VCR set to 12:35AM, M-F, NBC. Were you there?
The most sobering part about this news is that the last time I even tuned in, Dave was younger than I am right now. The hell.
Top Ten Munchies I’d Eat During Late Night with David Letterman
10. Pillsbury cinnamon rolls with ice-cold* milk
9. Otis Spunkmeyer chocolate chip cookies with ice-cold* milk
8. Apple Jacks with ice-cold* milk
7. Baskin-Robbins Chocolate Fudge ice cream with sugar cones with ice-cold* milk
6. Cap’n Crunch with ice-cold* milk
5. Famous Amos chocolate chip cookies with ice-cold* milk
4. Oreo ice cream sandwiches with ice-cold* milk
3. Haagen-Dazs Coffee Chip ice cream with ice-cold* milk
2. Cheesecake Factory Blackout cake with ice-cold* milk
1. Mrs. Fields semisweet with no nuts cookies with ice-cold* milk
*STONER POWERTIP: About 45 minutes before needing milk, throw the carton into the freezer until slushy. Then shake well before drinking straight from the carton or applying to your favorite cereal.