- the act or process of resolving or dissolving into parts or elements.
- the resulting state.
- the undoing or breaking of a bond, tie, union, partnership, etc.
- the breaking up of an assembly or organization; dismissal; dispersal.
- death; decease.
- a bringing or coming to an end; disintegration; decay; termination.
- legal termination, esp. of business activity, with the final distribution of assets, the fixing of liabilities, etc.
Example: The dissolution of marriage marked a new beginning in his life.
- a freeing or a being freed from illusion or conviction; disenchantment.
Example: The disillusion of marriage marked a new beginning in his life.